Volunteers are an invaluable component of Waypoint. There are several opportunities available including coordinating food and supply drives, to sorting donations, to becoming a trained domestic violence and sexual assault volunteer advocate.
Before you begin, consider your schedule and when you would be available to volunteer. Also, review the list of volunteer opportunities and note areas that interest you to include on your application. Once you have applied, a Waypoint staff member will contact you to discuss your interests and experience.
Thank you for helping Waypoint improve the lives of families in need!
UPCOMING VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES AT WAYPOINT
Become a Volunteer Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence Advocate
Waypoint is in need of Volunteer Advocates to assist with answering the 24/7 crisis line and providing emergency advocacy at area hospitals for victims. Volunteers are required to attend a free, 32-hour training that will be provided by Waypoint in January and February. If you are interested in this volunteer opportunity, please contact Tara at 319.365.1458 ext. 6143 or email@example.com.
The Winter volunteer trainings are available on following dates:
OTHER VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
Coordinate Donation Drives
- Thursday, Jan. 24 (5:30pm-9:30pm)
- Friday, Jan. 25 (5:30pm-9:30pm)
- Saturday, Jan. 26 (10-6pm)
- Thursday, Jan. 31 (5:30pm-9:30pm)
- Friday, Feb. 1 (5:30pm-9:30pm)
- Saturday, Feb. 2 (10am-6pm)
- Coordinate a donation drive at your workplace, civic group or church. Waypoint relies 100% on community donations of food, toiletries, back to school supplies and holiday gifts.
- For a list of current needs, click here.
- A great family volunteer opportunity!
Back to School Supply Distribution (August)
- Help sort and distribute donated items.
- Must sign up in advance.
Waypoint Wonderland Gift Gala (December)
- Help sort and distribute donated gifts.
- Must sign up in advance.
Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Advocacy
32 hours of free domestic violence/sexual assault training is required and provided by Waypoint.
- Support staff by answering the crisis line and assisting women and children receiving services.
- Provide emergency advocacy at hospitals. This is an as-needed, on-call, 48-hour shift.
- Assist with deep cleaning Waypoint facilities and equipment or helping to sort our food pantry.
Host a Party with a Purpose
The Waypoint Party with a Purpose is an easy-to-implement social gathering that supports Waypoint with monetary or gift-in-kind donations. Waypoint will help you plan your party by providing a Party with a Purpose Pack including: invitations; Waypoint current list of needs; Waypoint information to give to guests; donation forms for guests with a return envelope to receive tax receipts; and a hostess gift. Anyone can host a party for any occasion, anywhere, and any time of year. Make your birthday party, anniversary party, bridal shower, office party, or neighborhood gathering a Waypoint Party with a Purpose.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer at Waypoint, please complete an application
and submit it to:
318 5th Street SE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52401
For more information about volunteering at Waypoint, contact:
319.365.1458 ext. 6118