Prevention and Education
Waypoint is pleased to offer the expertise of our staff to the community and is committed to preventing violence through education and community outreach. Waypoint prevention education specialists provide organizations, schools and businesses with experts on a range of topics including:
- Facts regarding domestic violence and sexual assault
- Issues that affect women, children and families in our community
- How to recognize healthy and unhealthy relationships
- How to reach out to someone in an unhealthy relationship
- Support programs offered by Waypoint
- How you can help
If you are interested in getting involved or having Waypoint present to your group, please contact 319-365-1458 ext.6118.
MORE – Men Organized for Relationship Equality
The MORE Program is an innovative primary prevention program designed to engage men in a process of mentoring male youth toward developing healthy, non-violent relationships with women and each other. The MORE program:
- Encourages young men to become leaders in violence prevention within their peer groups and schools.
- Uses a “bystander” model that empowers men and boys to take an active role in changing social norms associated with masculinity.
- Provides training and options for responding to incidents of harassment, abuse, or violence – before, during or after the fact.
- Teaches multiple avenues for confronting violence that empowers youth to never choose silence in the face of abuse.
For MORE information, contact Michael Shaw at 319-365-1458 ext. 6156 or email@example.com.