Back 2 School Supply Drive
Every August, Waypoint helps families as they shop for their back to school items. Support families in need by donating back to school items. Donations will be accepted during the summer at the main Waypoint building until August 7th.
It's as easy as A-B-C!
A) Make arrangements for your family, group, or organization to pack backpacks with school items.
B) Review the list of the most needed items and purchase the new supplies.
C) Drop off your stuffed backpack to the front desk of Waypoint.
Only new items will be accepted. All basic school supplies are needed for all ages. We have a great need for middle school and high school student supplies. Items will be distributed to families in need.VOLUNTEER
Waypoint is seeking volunteers to help with Back 2 School Supply distribution to families it serves. Waypoint will be collecting Back 2 School supplies throughout the summer months. Families who receive services through Waypoint programs will sign up for a time to come to Waypoint and pick up donated school supplies for their children.
We are in need of assistance with:
- August 8th - SET-UP: Set up the shopping room, sort donations, organize items. 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. - 5 p.m. (approx 10 volunteers per shift)
- August 9th - DISTRIBUTION: Help families find items they need, organize items, sort as more donations come in. 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. - 7 p.m. (approx 15 volunteers per shift)
Can't Volunteer but want to get involved? Hold a school supply drive at your work, in your neighborhood or at your church. Donations are accepted Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
To volunteer, contact Ashley Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LIST OF NEEDS
- Backpacks for all ages
- Composition notebooks
- 1” binders
- Water colors
- Post-it notes
- Scientific Calculators
- Sharpie markers
- Dry erase markers
- Pens (black, blue, red)
- Pencils / Pencil sharpeners
- Combination locks (for lockers)
- Ziploc bags—quart size
- Pencil boxes
- Book covers
- Computer paper
- Loose Leaf Paper
- Hand sanitizer
- Clorox wipes
- Disinfectant spray
- Boys socks— ankle/no-show style; shoe sizes 13-4, 5-10
- Girls socks— ankle/no show style; shoe size 13-4, 5-10
- Boys underwear— boy’s size 7-16 / men’s size S, M, L
- Girls underwear— girls sizes 8 -12
- Girls sport bras— S, M, L, XL or 32”-38”
- Note cards